Wimbledon Trojan Support 2022 – with IBM
IBM is the official Information Technology Supplier and Consultant to the All England Lawn Tennis Club (AELTC) and is responsible for supplying specific IT services prior to, and during, The Championships. IBM has a core team that is responsible for the design, implementation and support of the technical infrastructure that covers the provision of scores and statistical graphics to the BBC, other broadcasters, media and players; provides and publishes information to the official Web and applications. IBM supports both Qualifying and The Championships, where the team grows from 12 to over 200 people. This includes data entry staff, technical and support teams, hospitality and other specialist suppliers.
- Hardware knowledge: when given a description of a PC, such as “networked PC with a 19″ flat screen, local USB printer”, having the ability to correctly identify the type and amount of cables and peripherals required, prior to physical deployment; ability to recognise different common computer cables
- Awareness & responsibility: awareness of how to situate a PC or printer safely in a confined or awkward space, with a strong attention to presentation and ergonomics; attention to detail; ability to remember and prioritise numerous tasks; must be able to take responsibility for going back and completing a task, even after an interruption.
- The position demands a team player with excellent communication and inter-personal skills, together with self confidence, and a professional and practical approach to resolving problems.
- The job is physically demanding and there will be occasions when heavy lifting will be required. Instruction on the correct procedure to be taken when undertaking such tasks will be given.
- A sense of humour is essential!
This is an opportunity to gain significant experience in a live, highly visible project and to contribute to the overall success of The Championships, which is both extremely satisfying and valuable.
The contract could be for a period of four/five weeks between Monday 6th June and ending on Tuesday 12 July. Hours will vary from typical business hours (9am – 5:30pm) initially, through to Championships’ hours of approximately 08:30 – 21:30. Weekend working will be required over 25/26 June, 2/3 July and 9/10 July.
Rates of pay
The daily rate will be £110.50 per day, payable by electronic transfer at the end of the contract. In addition, during the two weeks of The Championships, a food allowance will be made available with the use of a swipe card.
Please send your CV and Cover Letter to [email protected] The closing date is 17.30, Thursday 14th April 2022
Interviews will take place on Teams: Dates at the end of April to be confirmed (you will be assigned a time slot)
Important location information
It is vital that you can stay in or near Wimbledon for the duration of the placement. Please state where you plan to stay in your cover letter.