BSc/MSci IT Management for Business (ITMB)
The IT Management for Business (ITMB) degree gives graduates the knowledge, skills, and professional competency to work with technology in a business environment.
Core topics include Business & Management, Project Management, Technology, and Personal & Interpersonal skills. View more details below.
Whether you would like to become a technology consultant, work in banking, marketing, IT management and more, the ITMB degree is perfect for those who want a successful business-oriented career in the digital world.
To get started, find out more about the range of universities across the UK offering ITMB degrees and apply through UCAS.
The ITMB degree curriculum covers four main areas:
- Business Disciplines
- Ethics and Courtesies
- Basic Business Functions
- Organisational Structures and the Impact of Communication
- Business Analytics and Data
- Business Processes
- Business Transformation
- Constructing a case for investment
- Current and Future Technical Landscape
- Requirements Analysis
- Data Analysis and Database Design
- Programming Techniques and Software Development
- Systems Design Usability and Testing
- Project Planning
- Project Management
- Quality, cost and time issues
- Rolling out a business system
- Different approaches for managing IT projects
Personal and Interpersonal Skills
- Verbal Presentations
- Written Communications
- Self Motivation and Self Awareness
- Understanding Strengths and Limitations of other people
- Active Listening
- Influencing and Persuading Others
- Giving and Receiving Feedback
- Research into IT and Business related topic