Acceptable Use Policy
This acceptable use policy sets out the terms between you and us under which you may access our website www.learning.thetechpartnership.com (our site). This acceptable use policy applies to all users of, and visitors to, our site.
Your use of our site means that you accept, and agree to abide by, all the policies in this acceptable use policy, which supplement our terms of website use www.learning.thetechpartnership.com is a site operated by the Tech Partnership (we or us). We are registered in England and Wales under company number 04019051 and our main trading address and contact address is 36 Broadway, Westminster, London WC1H 0BH. We are a not for profit company limited by guarantee.
You may use our site only for lawful purposes. You may not use our site:
· In any way that breaches any applicable local, national or international law or regulation.
· In any way that is unlawful or fraudulent, or has any unlawful or fraudulent purpose or effect.
· For the purpose of harming or attempting to harm minors in any way.
· To send, knowingly receive, upload, download, use or re-use any material which does not comply with our content standards.
· To transmit, or procure the sending of, any unsolicited or unauthorised advertising or promotional material or any other form of similar solicitation (spam).
· To knowingly transmit any data, send or upload any material that contains viruses, Trojan horses, worms, time-bombs, keystroke loggers, spyware, adware or any other harmful programs or similar computer code designed to adversely affect the operation of any computer software or hardware.
You also agree:
· Not to reproduce, duplicate, copy or re-sell any part of our site in contravention of the provisions of our terms of website use.
· Not to access without authority, interfere with, damage or disrupt:
· any part of our site;
· any equipment or network on which our site is stored;
· any software used in the provision of our site; or
· any equipment or network or software owned or used by any third party.
We may from time to time provide interactive services on our site, including, without limitation:
· Chat rooms.
· Bulletin boards.
· Private and public forums.
· Personal record of training and achievements.
· Customisable member profiles.
· Member credits and rewards.
Where we do provide any interactive service, we will provide clear information to you about the kind of service offered, if it is moderated and what form of moderation is used (including whether it is human or technical).
We will do our best to assess any possible risks for users (and in particular, for children) from third parties when they use any interactive service provided on our site, and we will decide in each case whether it is appropriate to use moderation of the relevant service (including what kind of moderation to use) in the light of those risks. However, we are under no obligation to oversee, monitor or moderate any interactive service we provide on our site, and we expressly exclude our liability for any loss or damage arising from the use of any interactive service by a user in contravention of our content standards, whether the service is moderated or not.
The use of any of our interactive services by a minor is subject to the consent of their parent or guardian. We advise parents who permit their children to use an interactive service that it is important that they communicate with their children about their safety online, as moderation is not foolproof. Minors who are using any interactive service should be made aware of the potential risks to them.
Where we do moderate an interactive service, we will normally provide you with a means of contacting the moderator, should a concern or difficulty arise.
Bulletin Boards and Chat Rooms
Where the site provides access to a Bulletin board or chat room as part of the interactive services then access to such services shall be subject to registering with the site. The following provisions shall also apply:
The service shall not be moderated. We will not be responsible as author, editor or publisher of any Contribution submitted to the interactive service and we expressly exclude our liability for any loss or damage arising from the use of the interactive service by any person in contravention of these Rules. We reserve the right to promptly remove, or to disable access to, any Contribution which we deem to be potentially defamatory of any person, unlawful or in violation of any third-party rights.
Access by Minors:
The interactive services, unless expressly stated otherwise, shall not be available to any minors being persons under the age of 16.
Providing a Contribution:
For the purposes of this acceptable use policy a “Contribution” is any material or information you upload or contribute to any service provided on the website. Where you are allowed to add a Contribution.
Please read the instructions carefully as there may be a limit as to the words or information or size of Contribution you will be allowed to make there may also be limitations as to the format of the Contribution or the process to adding a new thread in a public access area.
If you wish to add your Contribution to a public forum your name and location will appear as part of your Contribution when published. Some public forums will permit anonymous Contributions, we will still know it was you providing the Contribution but your name will be withheld when it is published. If you wish for your Contribution to be anonymous, please tick the box indicated.
To enable us to publish comments in any public forum from as many different people as possible, please refrain from posting multiple Contributions. Multiple Contributions may discourage others who might otherwise wish to take part.
These content standards apply to any and all Contributions which you contribute to our site, and to any interactive services associated with it.
You must comply with the spirit of the following standards as well as the letter. The standards apply to each part of any Contribution as well as to its whole.
· Be accurate (where they state facts).
· Be genuinely held (where they state opinions).
· Comply with applicable law in the UK and in any country from which they are posted.
Contributions must not:
· Contain any material which is defamatory of any person.
· Contain any material which is obscene, offensive, hateful or inflammatory.
· Promote sexually explicit material.
· Promote violence.
· Promote discrimination based on race, sex, religion, nationality, disability, sexual orientation or age.
· Infringe any copyright, database right or trade mark of any other person.
· Be likely to deceive any person.
· Be made in breach of any legal duty owed to a third party, such as a contractual duty or a duty of confidence.
· Promote any illegal activity.
· Be threatening, abuse or invade another’s privacy, or cause annoyance, inconvenience or needless anxiety.
· Be likely to harass, upset, embarrass, alarm or annoy any other person.
· Be used to impersonate any person, or to misrepresent your identity or affiliation with any person.
· Give the impression that they emanate from us, if this is not the case.
· Advocate, promote or assist any unlawful act such as (by way of example only) copyright infringement or computer misuse.
Suspension and Termination
We will determine, in our discretion, whether there has been a breach of this acceptable use policy through your use of our site. When a breach of this policy has occurred, we may take such action as we deem appropriate.
· Immediate, temporary or permanent withdrawal of your right to use our site.
· Immediate, temporary or permanent removal of any posting or material uploaded by you to our site.
· Issue of a warning to you.
· Legal proceedings against you for reimbursement of all costs on an indemnity basis (including, but not limited to, reasonable administrative and legal costs) resulting from the breach.
· Further legal action against you.
· Disclosure of such information to law enforcement authorities as we reasonably feel is necessary.
· Where you are sponsored by an employer disclosure of any remedial action we take against you to such employer.
We exclude liability for actions taken in response to breaches of this acceptable use policy. The responses described in this policy are not limited, and we may take any other action we reasonably deem appropriate.
Changes to the Acceptable Use Policy
We may revise this acceptable use policy at any time by amending this page. You are expected to check this page from time to time to take notice of any changes we make, as they are legally binding on you. Some of the provisions contained in this acceptable use policy may also be superseded by provisions or notices published elsewhere on our site.
Last updated 04/04/17