About the Tech Industry Gold Degree Community
Welcome and thank you for your interest! We’re very excited about joining forces with techUK and look forward to consolidating relationships and forging new connections with techUK members.
The Tech Industry Gold community is convened by Tech Partnership Degrees. It brings together peers across industry and Higher Education to:
- share insights,
- create industry-accredited programmes,
- inspire the next generation,
- and provide a collective voice on government skills policy.
Employers collaborate to define the skills graduates need, set the industry standards and accredit courses that meet them. They also actively support universities in delivering these programmes, for example giving industry insight talks, participating in informal group discussions with students, and judging competitions which develop valuable skills.
Many employers prefer to recruit from Tech Industry Gold accredited degrees because they provide an easy way to access talent.
- 84% of Tech Industry Gold graduates achieve 1sts or 2:1s (compared to 70% for computer science overall).
- Their employment level is better than all subject areas except medical / veterinary subjects and education.
- And these courses have more than double the proportion of females compared to computer science overall.
See below for more information on how employers can get involved and on the Tech Industry Gold accreditation.
For regular news, subscribe to our updates here.
If you have any questions and/or would like to get involved, contact [email protected].
NB: Please note there is no cost involved in joining the Community.
Ways for employers to get involved
- Give industry insight talks
- Deliver employability skills training
- Hosting a visit to your company’s premises
- Offer work experience, work shadowing or placements
- Advising on the programme strategy, curriculum and accreditation
Marketing / Comms
- Publicising your placements, internships, and graduate schemes on our website
- Providing your company logo to share on our website, social media and marketing collateral
- Following us on our social media channels
- Endorsing Tech Industry Gold as a ‘degree of choice’
- Offering headline sponsorship
- Providing a key note speaker
- Developing a topical and innovative tech competition and lead on judging
- Joining a judging panel
- Sponsoring a competition
- Providing an award/prize for students
As well as contributing to and benefiting from Tech Industry Gold degree programmes, you can build relationships with your peers in other companies who are involved with Tech Industry Gold degrees, and with the universities that offer them.
About Tech Industry Gold accreditation
Tech Industry Gold is the industry accreditation for digital and tech full-time degrees and degree apprenticeships.
The accreditation identifies programmes which meet employer-set standards for quality of content, delivery and assessment. These programmes integrate industry-relevant academic learning with the technical, business and interpersonal skills needed to excel in digital careers.
For full time degrees, by getting involved with Tech Industry Gold programmes, employers have easy access to high performing graduates with the business, interpersonal and technical skills to be immediately productive in the workplace. There are currently around 1,000 students on Tech Industry Gold degree programmes at 15 Higher Education Institutions (HEIs) across the UK.
For full details and success stories, browse this site and check our Annual Review (PDF).