Tech industry Gold Credentials FAQs
What is a digital credential?
• A digital credential is an online visual display of an achievement. Each credential has a unique description of its earning criteria and the skills required to achieve it.
How will I know if I have earned a credential?
• You will receive an email notification from Credly ([email protected]) with instructions for claiming your credential and setting up your account. Credly is our partner organisation, hosting the world’s largest digital credential network to provide trusted digital credentials to individuals who have accomplished meaningful achievements.
What are the benefits of sharing my new digital credential?
• Representing your skills as a credential gives you a way to share your abilities online in a way that is simple, trusted and can be easily verified in real time. Credentials provide employers and peers concrete evidence of what you had to do to earn your credential and what you are now capable of. Credly also offers labour market insights, based on your skills, helping you to search and apply for job opportunities.
What are labour market insights and how can I access them through Credly’s Platform?
• Labor market insights are pulled from live job boards. Based on your skills you can see which employers are hiring, what job titles you might be qualified for, salary ranges and more. You can access the labour market insights from your credential details page by clicking on ‘Related Jobs’, or by clicking on the skill tags assigned to your credential.
How do I accept my credential?
• When you receive your email from Credly ([email protected]) you will find instructions within on how to accept your credential. If you don’t already have one, you will need to create an account with Credly to accept your credential.
Do I have to accept the credential?
• No, you do not have to accept the credential however by doing so and sharing the credential it helps to showcase your achievement and skills to potential employers. Once the credential is accepted there is an option to make the credential private so only you can see it.
How do I share my credential?
• You can share your credential directly from Credly to LinkedIn, Twitter and Facebook; over email; embedded in a website or in your email signature.
What will people see in my credential?
• When someone clicks on your credential, they will be taken to the Credly platform and shown the description, skills and earning criteria as well as any evidence added to your individual credential showing a specialist topic if applicable. An example can be seen here.
What if I do not want my credential to be public?
• You can easily configure your privacy settings in Credly. You are in complete control of the information about yourself that is made public.
How will someone know my digital credential is authentic?
• When you share your credential through social media channels, the link that takes you to the Credly website proves the authenticity of the credential. If there is no link, the credential is not authentic.
Can someone copy or steal my credential?
• While credentials are simply digital image files, they are uniquely linked to data hosted on Credly. This link to verified data makes them more reliable and secure than a paper-based certificate. It also eliminates the possibility of anyone claiming your credential and your associated identity.
How much time do I have to accept the credential?
• There is no time limit on accepting the credential. Once your credential is issued by TechSkills, Credly will send you an email. If the credential isn’t accepted that day, there will be a couple of follow up emails to remind you. After this, there will be no more reminders, but you can still claim your credential at any time by using the links provided in previous emails.
If I have other credentials issued by an organisation other than TechSkills, can I merge them into one account?
• Yes, go to settings under Account to find the link to merge an account.
How does Credly protect my information?
• To claim your credential Credly requires your name and email address, but you have control over what is shared to the public and what can be seen. There is more information via this link: https://credly.com/privacy
Will I receive a credential if I complete a programme before it was accredited?
• Tech Industry Gold Credentials are available only to those who have successfully completed programmes once they have been accredited, so unfortunately not.
Where do I go if I have questions about my digital credential?
• You can find answers to frequently asked questions here: support.credly.com